The Australian sugarcane industry requires a strong portfolio of research that delivers value and return on investment.
Consideration of regional diversity and strong industry engagement are key to achieving these outcomes. At SRA, this is achieved through a Research Missions approach.
Our five Research Missions are:
- Continuous improvement in farming and milling profitability.
- Position the industry to stay ahead of climate, environmental and biosecurity threats.
- Capitalise on changing consumer preferences, and the growing bio and green economies to develop product diversification opportunities.
- Position the Australian sugarcane industry as leaders in profitability, environmental sustainability and resource-use efficiency.
- Support the development of an adaptable, professional, commercial and entrepreneurial industry and research community.
Detailed information about the Research Missions is available in the updated Strategic Plan (available soon).
Find out more about our strategy.