SRA has been asked by our Members, industry representative bodies and levy payers to provide research, development and adoption (RD&A) solutions that help improve production on the farm and at the mill. Creating efficiencies through stronger collaborations with industry and other research organisations is also essential.
The SRA Strategic Plan 2017/18 – 2021 details eight key focus areas of research that we will invest in to respond to these needs.
- Key Focus Area 1: Optimally-adapted varieties, plant breeding and release
- Key Focus Area 2: Soil health, nutrient management and environmental sustainability
- Key Focus Area 3: Pest, disease and weed management
- Key Focus Area 4: Farming systems and harvesting
- Key Focus Area 5: Milling efficiency and technology
- Key Focus Area 6: Product diversification and value addition
- Key Focus Area 7: Knowledge and technology transfer and adoption
- Key Focus Area 8: Capability development, attraction and retention